RoM Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mage/Rogue

Go down

Mage/Rogue Empty Mage/Rogue

Post by CallaBoo Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:13 pm

Mages use to be the top class back then until of course they adjusted things so we aren't able to perform and shine like we used to, however, it is still a fun class to play.

I've been a Mage/Rogue ever since I started this game and at one point switched between my Rogue and my Mage side until level 25 or 30 when I hunkered down and started learning my Mage side more. I've been told to re-roll my Rogue side to Priest thank god I was an elf and didn't have to. I was told to re-roll it to Druid and again I didn't feel like it. Basically... I play Mage/Rogue for me and she's my first true character on this game and I refuse to conform to the new flavors of each season.

Now about stating and gear. This is just my opinion and you should definitely look into how you prefer to play the game and just take it into advisement. I will not argue with you on how YOU want to stat. Smile

Gear: I recommend gear with Magical Crit and Int. A lot of a M/R skill has an Int Modifier that is around 30% of your Int. With all the attribute buffers out there, I would advise highly on considering these pieces of gear. Any gear with Magical Crit and Magical Damage is even better. Because Magical Damage is hard to stack (or was hard to stack) it is best to try and stack as many gear with Magical Damage as you can

Weapons: The benefits of a Mage/Rogue is you get to dual-wield weapons. I would recommend the wand and dagger. You can either stat the dagger or tier the dagger. Stating the dagger allows for more magical attack to your build, whereas tiering the dagger allows for more magical damage. If you are looking to tier a weapon look for a dagger that offers magical damage.

If you are going for a staff try to find a staff that gives you magical crit. These staffs get released every so often and are a great asset to a magical critical hit based Mage.

Stats: Now your stats should be based on your gear's ghost stats and also your play style.

• Glass Cannons: 3 x Int/MAttack and 3 x Int/Stam - this is a bit of a balanced glass cannon that has the ability to survive.

• Balanced: 2 x Int/Stam, 2 x Int/MAttack and 2 x Stam / MAttack. This build provides you the basis to survive without taking away too much magical attack power. I've used this build before and like the ability to survive in a fight. Someone told me "A dead DPS is no DPS." So we'll see.

CallaBoo
Admin

https://romchronicles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down