RoM Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Þwnkill's guide to pwning and killing. (R/S, pattk build)

2 posters

Go down

Þwnkill's guide to pwning and killing. (R/S, pattk build) Empty Þwnkill's guide to pwning and killing. (R/S, pattk build)

Post by Þwnkill Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:31 am

Now, first off, this thread is not for debating pattk build vs. dex build, nor am I going to even mention dex build again after the introduction, I don't use it, I can't answer your questions about it. I also am not gonna go into pvp.

Moving on, as you may know, when you attack a target, your attack is calculated versus the defense of the target. To put it plainly, you cannot scramble an egg if you cannot first crack the shell. In lower instances (RT and under for me), you will notice that no matter how much more pattk you are piling on, your damage has hit a cap, and you just cannot hit any harder. This is what I refer to as the "hard cap" for that instance. Until you are at this point, more PA means harder hits. You can see why you might want to have a lot of PA.

This build is simple stat wise. Triumph and Guardian stats are what you want, Bygone and above. 6 pattk stats on every piece of gear. At least three of those being dex/pattk. 4 is better for your dps, but you will be squishy as fuck.

For this build, the VN jewelry is just not worth it. If you t7 the following pieces, you will be better off by far:

Rings: PoM rings called Maze Wall. Second choice is the EoJ rings from MT (the new zone) called Ring of Soul Domination. Much easier to get, especially OD.

Earrings: Kulech Precision Earring from the Mem vendor in Chrys. Second choice is the EoJ earring called Tinc Earring in Roz.

Neck: Bedim Accuracy Necklace. Mem vendor by CoB.

Ok, that is Jewelry.

Obviously, PoM pieces for chest, legs, belt, shoulders, cape. Even more obviously to Dim Lights for daggers. Absolute Shadow bow from CoB normal first boss. Gloves from third boss CoB easy work for now. As for hat and boots, I have no clue, mine are shitty as fuck.

Plus all your stuff to 16 if at all possible, it makes such a huge difference. Runes are a big deal.

I shouldn't have to tell you your rotation, if you got to 77 without knowing it, you aren't worth helping because you are a fuckwit. As far as buffs, cooldowns, etc, remember that popping Assassins Rage when you have 45 seconds to wait for Energy Thief is a bad idea in a long fight, but might not be in a short fight. Use your skills intelligently and you can do more dps than if you just pop each thing as soon as it is off cooldown. Uberflex is cool, DIYCE is better (but more complicated), but some things a human can still do better than a script.

If I left anything out, feel free to add to this in the comments. Any questions I can answer, I will.
Þwnkill
Þwnkill

Back to top Go down

Þwnkill's guide to pwning and killing. (R/S, pattk build) Empty Re: Þwnkill's guide to pwning and killing. (R/S, pattk build)

Post by Forwardbackslash Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:52 pm

As for hat and boots, I have no clue, mine are shitty as fuck.

This would be optimal IMHO, However being from KBN hardmode, Obviously easier said than done.

boots
Deathmatch Hesitation Sys229389_name - WIP 120601 4th Boss

head
Deathmatch Breath Sys229386_name - WIP 120601 6th Boss

Forwardbackslash
Admin

Back to top Go down